Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moving On


From Ubud we travelled to Lake Batur area, with the goal of climbing Mt. Batur. On the way there we stopped for a "rest" at the home of the tour guide. I have never seen such a mind blowing collection of plants - 7 foot high poinsettas, orange trees, hydrangeas, roses, marigolds...


cocoa pods hanging from a cocoa tree...


Coffee berries (my first ever glimpse of a coffee tree!) not to mention guavas, passion fruit and a whole host of other plants that I don't know the name for.


Our boys were soon playing soccer with the sons of our tour guide while his wife made banana fritters and fresh coffee (from their own trees) for us. Need I tell you that it was marvelous?

I think the boys would have been happy just to stay there but we soon headed down the road to our next hotel, which gave us a great view of the volcano we were soon going to climb.

No comments: