Monday, July 14, 2008

Moving (into cynicism)


Maybe "waiting" would have been a better title. But, truth be told, I didn't really expect the power to be turned on today. I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, we were glad to see our dining table and chairs arrive this morning. A cupboard was delivered as well, which we've been waiting for so we could put the boys' toys in it. It met with a little accident on the way here and the top has been nicely dented in but it will work. The carpenters finished up the cabinets this morning and the painters were busy sanding and priming all day. Maybe the end is in sight, after all - for the kitchen, that is. The power is another story. When we hadn't heard anything by late afternoon we got on the phone. The guys who were supposed to "do it" were in Tongi, which is not exactly in the neighborhood. Before the weekend we were told our building would be given priority on Sunday. If this is "priority", I'd hate to see what is normal! Oh well, I'm sure it will get turned on someday. In the meantime I am very thankful for the partial power we have. We have people from the office who have been working very hard at helping us sort things out. I can't imagine doing all this alone. Things are slowly looking more and more like "home" here and I am truly thankful for everything that has been accomplished so far.

No comments: