Saturday, July 19, 2008

Austin's Birthday


Today is Austin's birthday. Due to all the craziness of late, I barely thought about it. The poor guy had to go out and buy his own birthday cake tonight! We had lunch with his parents at Pizza Hut, which was a great way to celebrate. Tonight a good friend came over and joined us for cake and ice cream. As I write, they are all playing a game together and having a high old time. Not quite a big party but he seems to be enjoying it anyway.


Friday was a bit of a breather. We had great fellowship in the morning and took some friends to a little restaurant that serves great Bengali food. (We actually went there 4 times this past week - a combination of it serving such good cheap food and me not being able to get into my kitchen). I then went to 3 grocery stores, trying to find the ingredients for an easy dessert to make to take to our team meal -a farewell for 2 single guys - in the evening. I couldn't find what I was looking for but I realized on the way home that I had the ingredients for mint chocolate brownies so I whipped up a pan of those. I am quite pleased to tell you that my oven is working!! We had a good time as a team, talking about things that have happened this past year and telling all kinds of stories. I laughed till I was nearly crying and it felt so good!! It was so nice to be able to walk home instead of having a 4 hour ride home! In spite of all the difficulties, we are glad we're here.

No comments: