Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another One of Those Days


When the painters left last evening, after putting the final coat of paint on the cupboards, I breathed a sigh of relief. They didn't turn out the color I wanted, but after all that had happened, I didn't care too much anymore. I just wanted to get into my kitchen! The plumber had also come and put on the missing toilet seats and worked on the washer drain. It only leaks a small amount now and he said he'll be back to work on it more. It really felt as if we were over the hump. I woke up this morning and was so excited about getting my kitchen in order. The only thing that needed to be done was hooking up the gas stove. Someone soon came and worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it. Finally he got a couple of the burners to light, but barely. Discouraged does not do justice to the way I was feeling at this point. This was the 2nd stove Austin had gotten. The first one had a big hole in the back and the broiler was missing. So someone from the office was kind enough to take it back and exchange it for us, after much hassling. Now something was wrong with the second one and they had already refused to give us a refund. Finally another guy came and he figured out that this stove was supposed to be used with bottled gas instead of the city-supplied gas (which Austin had specifically asked about and they had told him it would work). Thankfully the guy was able to change it over for us and got it working!!! Because of some other things we had going on, it was late afternoon till I was finally able to fill up my cupboards and settle into my kitchen. By then my enthusiasm was gone and I struggle with wondering what will happen next.

I'm tired, so very tired.

No comments: