Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sonshine in the Monsoon


The other day Riley informed me that he was "Little John". Soon he was joined by Robin Hood and they had a morning of grand adventures together. I don't know what I would do without their crazy antics to lighten up life a bit!


They say that when it rains it pours. Well, it feels like the monsoon in more than one way around here. After running into technical trouble with the computer I decided to go have fun and make cookies. I was ready to put the 2nd pan in the oven when I noticed that it had gone off and was filling up with gas. This has happened a few other times and I always have to wait 30 minutes to an hour while it cools down until I can light it again. It went this way all day long. I would finally get it on again, it would preheat and bake one pan of cookies and then it would go off and I'd start smelling gas again. The boys were helping me with cutouts and weren't very impressed with the slow progress, neither was I. Finally, at about 3:00, it stayed on. I have no idea why, but I was sure glad it did. I finally finished my baking and even stuck a chocolate cake in, holding my breath and peeking in the window every few minutes. It turned out great - I won't say how many spare cupcakes I ate since then. Nothing like comfort food. At least I have a lot to show for my day. In between episodes, I washed the ceiling fans, screens, window grills and many other things which I won't bore you with. I actually try to make myself do the screens only once a week, though they could use it every couple days. Every day I sweep up what looks like a weeks worth of "Ohio" dirt and am shocked to realize it has only been a day since I last did this. Gone are my moments of boredom. I finished cleaning the rest of the house this morning while Austin and the boys are out buying school supplies. 4 days to go...

No comments: