Monday, August 11, 2008

Excited About School


3 very excited boys woke up early this morning. They have been counting the days for a long time and Riley asked me with sparkling eyes, " Is this today?" Yes, finally the first day of school has come!


We were able to ride the bus with them this morning and helped them get settled in. Jensen wanted to find his class on his own, so off he went. The others needed a little more encouragement but were soon having a great time. They came home, all smiles and full of stories from their day. Riley's favorite thing was playing with the cool toys and he even got to ride a bike, something he's been missing a lot. Pruitt's favorite part was playing a game called "Elephant". Often the quieter one, this afternoon he talked and talked about his day, which did my heart good. Jensen also enjoyed the games and an art project and is doing research on the history of the Olympics as I write.

This is all a bittersweet time for me; a realization that my children are growing up and, in a sense, are taking a step away from us as parents. I am so grateful to have such good trustworthy teachers for them and such a positive environment for them to learn and grown in. It is a new phase for us, but is showing promises of being a good phase.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at Jensen's face shine in the photo! They all look so excited! I hope it is a fabulous year for them!

Unknown said...

I love to read your updates! They're so interesting. So glad the boys had a good first day. We are gearing up for ours next week.
I suprised Dustin at Megan's farewell last Saturday. :) It was good to see him again and meet Megan. They look very happy, and eager to arrive and begin work.