Saturday, August 2, 2008

Melting

I decided to join the guys on their weekly trip to the library and then on to shop for some more clothes near New Market. On our way we found a place that served great snacks and soft serve ice cream cones. We then walked the rest of the way and soon found ourselves pushing and shoving to get through the crowded sidewalk. Riley soon fell asleep and we took turns carrying him while trying to find school clothes for the boys. The boys had a lot of fun holding things up and figuring out if they would fit or not. When that wore off, they fought over the stool for a chance to sit, if there was one, while sweat rolled off of all of us. After the back pack would hold no more and the fun had completely worn off, we headed home where we once again cooled off with ice cream and then stuck the boys in a cool bath. They were soon quite happy again and had a blast trying on all the new stuff, but I feel as if I won't recover until after a long night's sleep!

Compared to the previous several weeks, this past week has been pretty quiet. Finally! I think everything finally caught up to me and I was wiped out. I took a couple days to do only what had to be done and gave myself permission to relax a bit more. By the middle of the week I felt my energy coming back again, in time to scrub the house and make some food for the weekend. The boys made their third trip to the doctor who confirmed that the boys did not have scabies but gave us a different antifungal cream to try. So we are trying yet another thing and hoping this time it will work.

Well, it's time to feed some hungry boys so I will sign off...

No comments: