Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday Boy


Full of energy, enthusiasm and smiles, mischief dances in his eyes and lurks behind those dimples. His name means a courageous cheerful one. It fits.


I can't believe my baby is 6 years old! His birthday came on the day we arrived back from our Darjeeling trip. I was grateful to a friend who had sent me a cake mix - just the perfect thing to turn out a quick treat. Riley was happy because he got to help bake and decorate it. We called it a mud cake because of all the gummy worms that are buried under those candles. Who needs a fancy bakery cake? Sometimes a little fun with Mom in the kitchen is all it takes! He was quite proud of his creation and it tasted lovely too. (My British friends are rubbing off on me but I quite like describing food as lovely!)


Of course no birthday is complete without presents. It reminds me again of the gift that Riley is to us. We are blessed...

No comments: