Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oops, It Broke!


So far, it's been a pretty crazy week. Pruitt started with Pink Eye, which he must have picked up from Riley, so he was home from school a day and is still on drops. Jensen came home with a migraine one day and a fever the next. Riley has had this strange blister on his leg - reaction to an ant bite? spider bite? or something from the sewer? I don't know but I put tea tree oil on it for several days and it seems to be healing. I love that stuff! Anyway, though they are all still coughing, they seem to be on the mend.

Otherwise, there seems to be a lot of drama going on. Austin was on his way home from Mymensingh last night when we had a couple of things fall apart here. The boys were having a bath and the handle for the faucet broke completely off and there was no way we could turn the water off. I called the office secretary - bless her! and she sent the plumber over. In the meantime, I watched water pouring down the drain and could hardly stand it, especially given the fact that so many have had water shortages here. So I called down to the guard to see if he could turn the water off on the roof. He said it wasn't possible but he was going to change out of his guard boots and see what he could do. By the time he got back, the plumber was here. He had to climb up into the crawl space above the bathroom to turn it off. The plan is to come back this morning and put a new faucet on. By this time it was well past the boys' bedtime. Jensen kept the others entertained by reading to them while I did the last chore before bedtime - hanging out the laundry, which hadn't all been done during the day since I was out most of the day and there was more than usual due to boys being sick and things you don't want to know. But instead of being wrung out nicely, things were dripping. Upon further investigation, I discovered the spin cycle is no longer working on the machine. Sigh. So I squeezed things out by hand and hung them up to dry. By then Austin was home - and was I ever glad to see him! I had felt completely exhausted before all this , so you can imagine how I felt by the end of it all.

It feels as if we are going through a particularly intense time. Still, I feel hope in my soul. Things do not happen without a reason. I may have hunches and feelings about what it all means, but mostly it boils down to knowing that my Heavenly Father is with me and, therefore, it's going to be okay.

No comments: