Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Knight In Shining Armor


Riley has been sick again, the last couple of days. He had a nasty cough accompanied by an ear ache and fever. So we took a trip to the doctor yesterday. He slept all night last night and woke up feeling much better and we are all happy about that!


Between the trip to the doctor and then a trip to the grocery store, we probably spent a couple of hours sitting in traffic. I didn't time it, but it sure felt like it! Every time I go out lately, it has felt like there is more traffic than usual and it has been harder to find transportation, especially to go across town. On the way to the doctor, the driver said that he was told that every day 450 new cars are coming into Dhaka. No wonder! This is one time I really wish I could blame things on my imagination, but the reality is that this city is fuller than ever! I am so grateful that my job allows me to stay home most days. Since the kids are all back in school today, I am going to relish the quiet and clean my nasty looking ceiling fans and hopefully get some food made ahead for the weekend.



No comments: