Monday, December 21, 2009

'Tis the Season...


We have been having beautiful days here, temps in the upper 70s during the day, cool enough to sleep under a blanket at night. It's green out (well, at least under the layer of dust) and the flowers are entering their peak season. So it's hard to feel like it's nearly Christmas. The boys have been off of school for nearly a week now. We had a great big cookie baking day when some team members were in town, dipped some chocolates too - thanks to my big-hearted Mom who sent lots of goodies to us. That was a lot of fun and helped us feel a little more like it really is December. We helped throw a cookie/fuchka party for the office. I brought in the tiny little tree we keep on the verandah and the boys helped me string up lights and hang little elephants. I must say I don't miss the hectic schedules that most folks "back home" have at this time of year. On the other hand, I do miss those times of being with friends and family. As I sit in the light of the tree, sipping coffee in the early morning darkness, I find myself wrapped in bittersweet feelings - and I am learning to taste it all, the bitter and the sweet. But that is a whole other subject...

Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments: