Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sri Mongol


We had a fantastic weekend in Sri Mongol recently. We went with 4 other families from school and the kids practically lived outside for 3 days. They were given a newborn kitten from the "village", to take care of while they were there. They spent a lot of time feeding it and taking care of it.


Riley is such an animal lover and was overjoyed to have a little kitty to love.


We walked down to the river one day, through the tea garden and these rubber trees, so the kids could splash and get as muddy as they wanted to.


And they did! I just sat on a blanket with the other moms, exchanging stories and trying not to think about what all could be in the mud.


Why do boys feel the need to conquer steep banks?

It was so good to let the boys be boys, to get dirty, be loud, run around, be outdoors. They rode bikes for the first time in 2 years, thanks to other friends who took bikes along and shared. They rode scooter, tried to play tennis, spied on each other, roasted marshmallows at the bbq by the pool, went swimming and had very fun time!

I spent one day sick, in bed. My first thought was that it wasn't a good place to be sick but then I decided there couldn't be a better place to be sick. I didn't have to worry about the kids, I had a great book along and every time I looked up I saw green, green and more green - and even a monkey outside the window.

All too soon we packed up and headed back to our concrete jungle.

No comments: