Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Life of Riley


We have all been enjoying our 3 week stay in Dhaka, especially Riley. He has been so happy to be staying in an apartment that has a cat! That cat is the first thing on his mind when he wakes up and the last thing he thinks about before drifting off to sleep at night.

I love the little boy stage he is in and the funny things he comes up with. He and Austin were leaving a shopping mall recently and as they passed some mannequins he looked up at Austin and said,"Daddy, those aren't real; those are statues of Liberty."

Another day he was eating some chicken and looked at me and said, " I know why you should eat chicken, because it gives you good cavities."

I can hardly believe my baby is growing up and will be in school before I know it. It is a bittersweet stage of life and I am trying to savor each moment.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

the cat looks thrilled. :-) that's how he was with lucy i remember. awww he's an animal lover.