Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Great Day


Riley has developed this quirky habit of waving one of his hands when he talks. Some times I think that little hand is going to fall off, he's putting so much into it! He embraces life, that is for sure! When Jensen accidentally stepped in cow poop recently, Riley wasn't content till he had stuck his finger in it. Today, when he was "writing" a letter to his Grandma, he described that time as a great day. I'm just glad not every day is that "great", though each day is great in it's own way.

Austin spent the day in Dhaka, doing some job-related research. So the boys and I had a quiet day. It was too hot to do much outside but, thanks to their creative minds, they found enough to do inside. At one point I looked at Riley and Pruitt who were playing Uno together, and I wondered how they grew up so fast. Today was one of those days when I was amazed at the wonderfulness of my sons. Not that they are perfect, far from it. But too often I see only the work and how much they still have to learn and I miss savoring the awesome gift of living today with my children. So today I tried to savor them and ended up being able to listen better and laugh more often. The water still got spilled 2 times in a row, the ketchup was poured out in abundance and the toilet still got missed, but, hey, it was a pretty "great" day.

No comments: